Reducing our impact
Here at i-graduate, we are actively committed to reducing our impact on the environment. We take every opportunity to recycle or re-use waste materials generated by our business and encourage staff to act in a positive environmental manner.
By promoting simple and manageable steps, staff are encouraged / educated to reduce their environmental impact - by reusing, recycling, sourcing ethically and minimising energy use.
- PCs and IT equipment are switched off at night
- Monitors are switched off when not in use, to reduce the amount of electricity used
- Unnecessary lights are switched off
- Old or unwanted PCs are donated to local schools / charities
- Less paper, less waste - staff are asked to avoid unnecessary printing and encouraged to re-use paper wherever possible.
- We recycle all paper and office products, where possible
- Printer cartridges are recycled
- We source ethical products, such as fair-trade tea and coffee
- Staff are encouraged to think about their method of travel to work. At present, 40% of staff use public transport, 12% walk or cycle, 6% carpool and only 18% use their own car. A further 24% work from home, travelling to the office only occasionally.
Committed to a "Greener i-graduate"
At i-graduate we want to continue improving our performance in environmental protection and resource conservation. We monitor the progress of our environmental performance and review on a regular basis (usually annually).