Helps you to better understand your postgraduate research students.
Registration for our PRES early adopters group is now open! Benefit from:
• Be seen to be leading the way in demonstrating a commitment to providing excellent post-graduate provision
• Gain 10% discount on purchase of PTES and/or PRES surveys
• Free bespoke benchmarking, beyond the standard reporting package
• Joint publicity and other opportunities to showcase your work at HEA/i-graduate events
• Free place on the HEA Surveys Conference in May 2017. This conference brings together the UK HE sector understand how to drive enhancement from insight from student surveys, metrics and other research.
A new partnership between the Higher Education Academy and i-graduate enables higher education institutions across the world to take part in the HEA’s highly-respected Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES).
PRES enables you to gather information about the experience of any research student on a doctoral or research master’s course.
Wherever you are in the world, by participating in the PRES you will benefit from:
• Benchmarking comparisons available against UK institutions
• Well established surveys designed in collaboration with the UK sector, with 100+ institutions taking part
• Insightful, confidential data which allows you to compare your institution’s postgraduate provision against others in your sector at both a discipline and institution level. Global comparisons also available
• You can use this information to identify areas of strength, as well as to address areas for development - action plan with senior staff to deliver enhancements to your learning and teaching
• Increase the appeal of your programmes and the information you can provide to prospective students
• With the opportunity to include additional questions, you can tailor the survey to your institutional priorities
The survey focuses on students’ experiences of:
• Research community
• Progress and assessment
• Skills and professional development
It also considers students’ motivations for taking their programme.
The survey has been designed by the Higher Education Academy and is administered by i-graduate.
• Simple process requiring minimal administration your end
• Dedicated i-graduate Account Manager
• Good practice guidelines to achieve the best response rates
• Reporting online and in person
• Express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (this does not commit you to taking part)
• Interactive visual results via the i-graduate reporting portal, interact. Filter data online by study area,
department, demographics, study level, study stage (year of study), and study mode (part-time, full-time)
• Comparison benchmarking data against groups of UK and international institutions will be provided
• A face-to-face presentation highlighting important issues, insights and results